PROJECT MANAGER IN SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
The Sensing & Control group is looking for an experienced project manager/system engineer with a multidisciplinary profile to complete its Neuchâtel-based engineering team. Our group aims at developing innovative solutions in the fields of:
1) 3D imaging and metrology (e.g. time-of-flight and coherent FMCW LiDARs),
2) scientific instruments (e.g. space science) and
3) industrial control (e.g. control of magnetic bearings, active vibrations damping, system simulations).
You will lead projects and embrace technical tasks depending on your personal expertise, in the field of LiDARs and possibly mechatronics systems. In addition, you will actively support projects acquisition (networking).
- Provide strong project management and anticipation skills, allowing to deliver within time, budget and quality constraints. Tackle and communicate decisions.
- Based on your own specialisation, execute technical tasks to deliver product oriented LiDARs and/or mechatronics systems
- Report project results and status in a clear and concise manner, both internally and externally to industrial and academic partners, with the adequate level of information
- Actively participate in the setup of new industrial and government-funded (Swiss and European) projects, through networking and proposal writing (project planning, effort/cost estimation, risk assessment and resource allocation)
- Promote our technology portfolio through publications, conferences and visit to customers
- MS or PhD degree in microengineering, electronics or equivalent with several years of experience in the systems design for industry
- Good experience and understanding of systems design, realization and testing, trade-offs, with a multi-disciplinary knowledge (electronics, embedded software, photonics, mechanics), to challenge, weigh technical options and provide guidance to the project team
- Expertise in a specific field (optics or control) as strong asset
- Preferably, a track-record in Project Management of small teams (2-10 people) and you are aware about good management and teamwork practices
- Open-minded, customer and result-oriented
- Curious, proactive, extrovert, and considered as a good team-player and a creative thinker
- Good communication, leadership, independence, and pragmatism to coordinate cross-functional teams and maintain efficient collaboration with external partners/customers
- Professional proficiency in English is required. French and German are a plus
CSEM’s mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- being part of a passionate community
- large flexibility, attractive working conditions and great opportunities of development
- benefitting from a management style based on trust & feedback, that favours a work-life balance.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.