The “Integrated Flexible Sensors” group, based in Allschwil/BL, is a team specialized in Functional Printing, Micro-/Nanostructuring and Optics, developing sensors and optics for applications ranging life sciences to industrial and robotics.
As R&D engineer in the group "Biosystems Engineering", you lead and contribute to applied research and development projects in the area of functional printing for life scince applications, such as point of care devices. Within the strategic objectives of the group, you propose game-changing ideas to solve complex multidisciplinary challenges for our customers and partners. As team player, you bring your expertise in a technical biology related field to support project acquisition and develop CSEM's Life Sciences roadmap.
- Development and design of screen printing and inkjet printing processes including the choice of substrate materials and inks
- Characterization of functional prints by means of electrical, optical, and (bio)chemcial analyes
- Integration of functional prints in complex systems, such as fluidic cartridges or miniaturized systems
- Manage projects or activities in your field of expertise (i.e. resources, goals, issues, budget) and contribute to various projects (management of specific work packages, technical execution, problem-solving)
- Contribute to the writing of offers (concept preparation, technical description) and project acquisition
- Act as reference person in your area of expertise for the team by maintaining high level of expertise and being informed about the state-of-the-art
- Pro-actively propose game-changing ideas about new research activities within the group roadmap
- Promote CSEM activities internally and in national and international conferences
- Maintain and develop internal and external network
- Substantial theoretical knowledge of and practical experience in screen and inkjet printing
- In-depth knowledge in materials science for printed electronics
- Well trained in physical and optical analysis of printed electronics, experience in (bio)chemical analysis of printed sensors is a plus
- Design of point-of-care devices and in vitro diagnostic systems is a plus
- Experience in integrating functional prints into complex systems is a strong plus
- Knowledge of and experience in the scale up of electronic printing processes is a strong plus
- Printing experience on advanced materials, such as hydrogels or hybrid materials, is a plus.
- Strong analytical thinking for problem solving and managing of multidisciplinary projects
- MS Office and data analysis skills
- Professional English-speaking skills required, German and / or French-speaking skills are a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly collaborative and good interpersonal skills, team player
- Flexible and adaptable thinking / operating style
- Supporting gender diversity
- Solidarity, trust, and communication are the uncontested keywords
CSEM’s mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
- A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
- An innovative, non-profit and employee-driven company
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- being part of a passionate community
- large flexibility, attractive working conditions and great opportunities of development
- benefitting from a management style based on trust & feedback, that favours a work-life balance.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file via our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.